Blargg's NTSC filter demo for Windows

A place for your artistic side. Discuss techniques and tools for pixel art on the NES, GBC, or similar platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

rainwarrior

Re: Blargg's NTSC filter demo for Windows

Post by rainwarrior »

Hrm, I seem to have deleted the project. What's the benefit of the NES version? I thought the only difference was that it remaps the image to a particular palette.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Forcing people to not use known-wrong palettes for NES mockups has some merits...
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

How would you identify a "known wrong" palette, when it isn't even possible to have a definitive "correct" palette?
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

Anyhow, sorry if I am being argumentative here, I'd be happy to redo the process and build the NES version sooner or later, but I want to know that there is some value in it before I do. (i.e. what is the difference, and why is it useful)
thefox

Post by thefox »

rainwarrior wrote:Anyhow, sorry if I am being argumentative here, I'd be happy to redo the process and build the NES version sooner or later, but I want to know that there is some value in it before I do. (i.e. what is the difference, and why is it useful)
I was hoping you'd have the compiled version somewhere. If you don't, no need to compile it for my sake (I don't have any immediate use for it).

I don't actually know if there are any visible functional differences between the libraries beyond the lack of conversion. I was just assuming so because nes_ntsc is distributed as a separate library. But maybe that's only for optimization/legacy reasons.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
tepples

Post by tepples »

I just use the SNES version after remapping everything to a Bisqwit or Drag palette anyway.
東京自殺倶楽部

Post by 東京自殺倶楽部 »

Thank you very much.
Can I drag any picture to this program?
I mean I want drag the photo taken by camera to this program.
Could you please release a Mac Version?
I really need that.
Thank you very much. :o