NOAC (NES-on-a-chip) datasheets, development tools, demos

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

ccovell

Post by ccovell »

tepples wrote:But I will agree that even the TG16 is probably more popular than any specific enhanced famiclone. It even has SMB3 as a single instruction.
:lol:

Your earlier post reminded me: did you know that one of the OneStation 35-in-1 game packs has your Nibbles game on it, as well as SnowBro's Bomb Sweeper?
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

The popularity of a console is an important factor to consider when deciding whether to develop for it or not. It must be really frustrating when you realize you can't buy consoles or cartridges for your hobby, or to find out that nobody will play your games.

Personally, I've never seen a PC-Engine/TurboGrafx. I played a couple of games through emulation, but I never even heard of it before I had internet. Even in stores exclusively dedicated to old gaming consoles there's no sign of it. As cool as it may be, I'd never develop for such an obscure platform, mainly to avoid the frustration.
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

That's true. The PCE is however quite popular here (it's just the TG16, i.e. typically the western market, that failed) and I have it (which is the latest console I own) so I have enough reasons to develop on it. Also, you can also make CD games, so that you can test games on the real system with CDRs (which virtually every one has the equipment to burn), without the need to mess with annoying hardware such as dev. carts or to acquire a flashcart.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Gilbert wrote:Also, you can also make CD games, so that you can test games on the real system with CDRs (which virtually every one has the equipment to burn), without the need to mess with annoying hardware such as dev. carts or to acquire a flashcart.
Yes, this is great. The same thing is possible on the SEGA/MEGA CD. The sad thing is that the failure rate of CD readers is fairly high, so I don't expect these consoles to live long.
bugger

Re: NOAC (NES-on-a-chip) datasheets, development tools, demo

Post by bugger »

Hi,

i´m searching info for this chips, please can someone reupload: File name: VRT_files.zip File size: 70.39 MB

both rapidshare and fileserve links are down......

thanks,

best regards.
Teancum

Post by Teancum »

Another bump from the dead. Would love if someone could reupload these files.

Thanks
mark_k

Post by mark_k »

I have re-uploaded the file and added links in the original posting.
Teancum

Post by Teancum »

mark_k wrote:I have re-uploaded the file and added links in the original posting.
Thank you very much!