The wiki is not mobile-friendly

Discussion about the site's wikis, including bugs/issues encountered.

Moderator: Moderators

Banshaku

Re: The wiki is not mobile-friendly

Post by Banshaku »

rainwarrior wrote: I do visit the forums and the Wiki from my phone on occasion, but like I said before, I don't think they look bad at all on my phone in their current state. Is anyone here actually complaining about how it looks to them, or is this entirely based on google's robonotice?

(I'm not opposed if you want to work on this problem, but I'm not really convinced it's a problem.)
I restarted to check the forum recently and I check it on my phone during the week. When you put the phone in landscape mode it's readable and I accept the compromise. Long time ago I was reading it from a 3.5" screen from a work terminal in landscape and didn't mind. The only problem is maybe clicking properly on links because of some icons are too small but I'm aware of the problem and just zoom in those cases.

I still think it's not worth to invest the time on that. To restructure the data of the wiki so the information is easier to find is a better investment (wanted to do it long time ago but never found the right way to do do).