Why my famiclone have space to two xtal?.

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

lidnariq

Re: Why my famiclone have space to two xtal?.

Post by lidnariq »

I suppose it's possible that the socket could hold a microcontroller or something? Or maybe a dedicated RC receiver...

But it just doesn't obviously connect to any of the player input pins; I don't really see how it could support wireless controllers.
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

Maybe the Wireless controller is internally the same as the Wi Vision:
http://img.olx.com.br/images/76/769710003097137.jpg

But there's way to know for sure, unless we found a good picture of it's internals or someone that owns one.
I think the Wi Vision should be a NoAC clone, while the Nevir is a discrete components one.
Not sure about this too, it's only a guess.
tic

Post by tic »

Mmm, a noac. Maybe, one interesting thing is the vir not have serial number. But in the other hand. View the picture, It appears have a Big motherboard un theory.

But we have very bad lucky. He take pictures from all angles execpt the controllers part!.
tic

Post by tic »

Interesting i found another famiclone in the web that appears share the box of nevir Styles.

Take a look: the stars are shared and the blue style.Even the photo in the side match the localization of side Photo in nevir. ¿Same manufacturer?. :mrgreen:

And i found another with same box varíant, the interesting thing is in the side appears the exporter! :).

Fisher

Post by Fisher »

I've seem a MicroGenius Famiclone back when I was a kid that had that same 15 pin connector, it was just like this one:
MicroGenius.jpg
Unfortunatelly, I don't remember of it having that oriental symbols on one of the joysticks, both were the same.

How hard would be to build an infrared controller interface for the NES (and it's clones) using common of-the-shelf components?
I'm very interested in try this!
8Bitdo seems a good option, but unfortunatelly it's out of my reach. :cry:
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Fisher wrote:How hard would be to build an infrared controller interface for the NES (and it's clones) using common of-the-shelf components?
Really pretty easy. The only real constraint is that the standard 38kHz receivers only support a bandwidth of about 1kHz, but that should still be enough to e.g. have a microcontroller continuously read the buttons, send then as 8n1 1200 baud asynchronous serial, and another microcontroller attached to the NES to decode that.

The problem is that the old IR-using controllers still sucked. They used a lot of power and were rather sensitive to being aimed correctly at the receiver.

You could probably get away with using something like the CC1100 series of RF-enabled microcontrollers. Zigbee or bluetooth would be better choices for this specific case.
l_oliveira

Post by l_oliveira »

Famiclone boards with two clock circuits are meant to drive a NTSC CPU along with a PAL PPU for "Dendy-ish" configurations which allow for use of NTSC bootlegs on PAL TVs. :)

After a while the companies making the chips just developed NTSC-ish CPU clones which can run from PAL clock for shaving some extra cost.

That has more to do with Taiwan than with Brazil, which uses 60Hz... The fact we use 60Hz PAL here, UMC and other companies developed PPU ICs capable of outputting PAL-M video directly (UA6548 or PM-02, for example).
tic

Post by tic »

One curiosity about nevir/ toploader is the 72 pin cartridge Is in reverse. Many sellers say, i sell this console as not works. But they have try the 72pin cartridge looking at joypads. Then when the console arrived works perfectly. Because the cartridge works looking to the tv not the joypads.

I buy one of these not working with the "72 pin fail" for 10e. Lol.
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

Interesting.
All the clones I know that have the (in)famous "Dual System" (both a 60 and a 72 pin connector) had the 72 pin slot facing the TV and the 60 pin facing the joysticks.
There were even some pirate games that had the label on the "back".
Maybe because it was easier to route the tracks on the board.
l_oliveira

Post by l_oliveira »

Fisher wrote:Interesting.
All the clones I know that have the (in)famous "Dual System" (both a 60 and a 72 pin connector) had the 72 pin slot facing the TV and the 60 pin facing the joysticks.
Exactly that. Look at all Nintendo official cart boards, the chips are facing the back of the console/TV. Including Famicom carts.
tic

Post by tic »

Fisher wrote:Interesting.

I know one exception the nasa/creation with two slots, But have slot loader in 72 pins.

Anyway these consoles are a crap. I have one of these and are the worst noac i never view. In the cool boy multicartridge fail to load all mmc3 games. For expample in might final fight after select player black screen.

The list of double slot consoles not are very high right?. I don't have view a lot in the web.
l_oliveira

Post by l_oliveira »

Double slot consoles with discrete chips are pretty good, actually.
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

The ones I know are:

Turbo Game
Turbo Game [Nestálgico].jpg
Turbo Game [Nestálgico].jpg (18.4 KiB) Viewed 6705 times
Originally come with two small rectangular joysticks, ressembling famicon ones and was known as "VG9000".
Later, came with these "Batrang" controllers and was called "VG9000T".
AFAIK the motherboard had some revisions too, basically they shifted from a single-sided board to a dual-sided one.
On the controllers of the non-T version, the start button was labeled "início" (Start, in portuguese), the select button was labeled "Seletor" (Selector, in portuguese), and in the console the reset button was labeled "início". There were blue and black buttons version of these controllers:
turbo-game-controle-turbo-30-jogos-funcionando-100-D_NQ_NP_686311-MLB20533520346_122015-O.jpg
Dynavison 3
dynavision-3-767901-MLB20444996594_102015-F.jpg
Originally shipped with two dildo-like controllers that had a headphone output on it with he volume setting on the console.
Later it was shipped with 2 controllers a little similar to MegaDrive ones, but with 6 colored buttons (as on picture).
The later revisions were made with a NOAC and dropped totally the headphone.

The other one, is the TopSystem I've already talked about.
l_oliveira wrote:Double slot consoles with discrete chips are pretty good, actually.
Totally agree with that. I still have my old Dynavision 3. It don't works, but I plan to try to take it back to "life" as soon as I can.
I have a friend who has a "VG9000T" still working fine up to today!!
tic

Post by tic »

There are some type of incompatibility with this cartridge in the nevir.

180 EN 1 Cartucho de Juego Clásico 60 Pins $ number bits Tarjeta de Juego Para La Familia tv jugador del juego de Envío gratis
http://s.aliexpress.com/nMr2UryI
(from AliExpress Android)

It show a small horizontal lines ascross the screen. It loads the cartridge. But with these graphics errors all the time. It appear not happend in the modern chinese noac.

The coolboy 198 in 1 not working without diode mod. But 400 in 1 works without add the diode.

The 500 in 1 400 in 1(the other versión not cool boy). 100 best games(153 in 1) 150 in 1 and 30 in 1 . Appears work o.k
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Picture or short video of the horizontal lines?