Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

Alyosha_TAS
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:49 am

Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by Alyosha_TAS » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Image

Hi again all.

So I was taking a look at VRC6 emulation when I noticed the intro screen here.

As you can see in the above pic, the last few lines of the clouds don't follow the effect as they should. This seems to occur in every emulator I test. (Mesen, FCEUX, etc)

The ROM is Akumajou Densetsu (J) [!]
sha1:BEB7E005BCBAC031CE61613FA47DF24AD151E9AB

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, I couldn't find it in a few basic searches. I don't see the issue in youtube videos of the game either. Anyone have any idea what the problem is here? Being off my 3 scanlines seems like a lot.

zxbdragon
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by zxbdragon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 pm

I have this game cart!
Later, I'll test it

zxbdragon
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by zxbdragon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:12 am

video:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1nvsr8bn
password:xe2s


视频:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1nvsr8bn
提取码:xe2s

Alyosha_TAS
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by Alyosha_TAS » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Thanks for the testing, but I can't quite tell from the video, is there still a couple of pixels left at the bottom of the clouds just like in emulator? Or is it different in some way?

Also I'm surprised they let that super shaky white line on the left side of the screen pass in development, seems sloppy for konami.

zxbdragon
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by zxbdragon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Alyosha_TAS wrote:Thanks for the testing, but I can't quite tell from the video, is there still a couple of pixels left at the bottom of the clouds just like in emulator? Or is it different in some way?

Also I'm surprised they let that super shaky white line on the left side of the screen pass in development, seems sloppy for konami.
like nestopia

Alyosha_TAS
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by Alyosha_TAS » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:44 am

zxbdragon wrote:
Alyosha_TAS wrote:Thanks for the testing, but I can't quite tell from the video, is there still a couple of pixels left at the bottom of the clouds just like in emulator? Or is it different in some way?

Also I'm surprised they let that super shaky white line on the left side of the screen pass in development, seems sloppy for konami.
like nestopia
Which version? 1.40 looks identical to the screen shot above.

User avatar
Zepper
Formerly Fx3
Posts: 3190
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:59 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by Zepper » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:18 pm

I couldn't access the video!

NewRisingSun
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 11:30 am

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by NewRisingSun » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:06 pm

The scripts on that website are quite fussy. I only managed to download the video using Internet Explorer. I took the liberty of mirroring the video. (Edit: video removed)
Last edited by NewRisingSun on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zxbdragon
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by zxbdragon » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Here?
这里吗?
Night to return to Beijing ,I'll test at the machine again!
晚上我回到北京,我再实体机器上测试一下。
Attachments
20171112073520.png

zxbdragon
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by zxbdragon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:02 am

this hardware:
这是实体机:
Attachments
20171112190103.jpg
20171112190113.jpg

Alyosha_TAS
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by Alyosha_TAS » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:35 am

Huh, so it really does look like that.

Seems pretty conclusive, thank you for testing zxbdragon.

User avatar
Zepper
Formerly Fx3
Posts: 3190
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:59 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by Zepper » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:11 pm

If I'm not wrong, VirtuaNES does such effect 100%.
Remember - he tested it in a famiclone. It hasn't even VRC6 sound support.
EDIT: see the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD72Utokjjg

zxbdragon
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by zxbdragon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Zepper wrote:If I'm not wrong, VirtuaNES does such effect 100%.
Remember - he tested it in a famiclone. It hasn't even VRC6 sound support.
EDIT: see the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD72Utokjjg
famiclone?
FC is same!
不要把你的无知显示的这样白好吗?Vnes 不精确。
你的意思是famiclone和FC不同?

我的这个famiclone使用的AV FC的内核,
以下是原装FC的画面,一样与nestopia,mesen和我 famiclone一样
Attachments
IMG_20171113_053737.jpg
IMG_20171113_053710.jpg
IMG_20171113_053812.jpg

zxbdragon
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by zxbdragon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:50 pm

有些人的脸一定是要打的,必须啪啪响!
我有FC,NES,NEW FC(AV),这个游戏在各种主机上玩,虽然中国产的兼容机没有音效,但IRQ是一样,如果你连这点认知都没有,那你的模拟器谈什么精确?
我说一句,国外有人,你们的能力也就这样了,自己有什么硬件拿出来,测试一下,我在最开始测试就是用的原装红白机,但是我要确定我用的机器是不是精确,所以才最后用了我的机器照片,现在我把原装红白机的画面给你的,你还在那屄屄什么
Attachments
IMG_20171113_053710.jpg

zxbdragon
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Akumajou Densetsu and VRC6 IRQs

Post by zxbdragon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:00 pm

2017-11-13_5-58-02.jpg

Post Reply