I deleted my youtube acount

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

psycopathicteen

I deleted my youtube acount

Post by psycopathicteen »

I just couldn't take all the trolling I get on it with all the childish insult contests.
Nioreh

Re: I deleted my youtube acount

Post by Nioreh »

ok
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

That's bad!!
Can't the comments be disabled?

And, know whats worst?
I didn't know your channel. :-(
Most people from here have small, but interesting YT channels.
FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Post by FrankenGraphics »

Comments can indeed be disabled
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

Comments and ratings can be disabled on individual videos, but if you've already got lots of videos it can be a pain in the ass to have to disable them for every single one. I don't think there's a way to disable them for an entire channel at once.
psycopathicteen

I tried to disable comments, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

Disabling comments of a new yet-to-be-uploaded video (when you haven't disabled comments by default for your channel): while uploading the video, there's an Advanced Settings tab in the Youtube page. Click it and you'll find one of the checkboxes is "Allow comments". Uncheck that and click Done.

Disabling comments for a single existing video: go to Creator Studio (sometimes called "Video Editor", or "Video Manager -> Videos" -- depends where in the UI you are). Find the video you want and click the Edit button next to it. Find the Advanced Settings tab and follow the same instructions as above.

Disabling comments for multiple existing videos: go to Creator Studio (sometimes called "Video Editor"), which will give you a list of all your videos. For each video you want to edit in bulk, check the checkbox to the left of the video row (there's an empty [ ] to the left of each video). At the top of the video listing table, click "Actions" (to expand it), then pick the menu item "More actions...", then pick "Comments", then choose "Disable comments". Because only ~30 videos are visible per page, you will have to do this process on each pages' set of videos, which can be tedious -- no sense in complaining as it's a one-time thing you gotta do.

Or you could have just clicked "Help and feedback", searched for the word "comments", and found that the first result was Turn comments on and off. From here you could have learned that you can set "upload defaults" like so: go to the Creator Studio, expand "Channel" on the left, select "Upload defaults", uncheck "Allow comments", and click "Save" in the upper right.

Let me know where to send a bill for this "how to spend a few minutes exploring a user interface and using the Help feature" tutorial. :P
psycopathicteen

What kind of camera do people on You Tube use and where can I find this type of cameras.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

YouTube is a website where you can upload your videos, and it's very useful.

I really don't like this approach of YouTube as an online "community" or social media platform though :S
Erockbrox

Post by Erockbrox »

You need to start working on a new type of mentality.... No Fu*ks Given
psycopathicteen

Erockbrox wrote:You need to start working on a new type of mentality.... No Fu*ks Given
What type of mentality?

I think if I would make a new video, I think I should ask some friends to help direct me and help write scripts and stuff and editing. I hate trying to improvise a video in one take on a wobbly camera phone with no editing tricks.
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

As a suggestion, you could create a character, and them view all the insults/criticism/whatever are told on the comments as directed to this character, not personally to you.
Youtube is a lage site, and sure has many trolls or people that just don't understand what you're trying to show and answer with trolling and insults.

Simplifying, try develop the ability to troll the trolls, not taking anything as personal.
Stay cool, and try to not be angry. Have some funny/sarcastic answers on your pocket.
I know it's very difficult! But you can at least try to deal with it.

Or if you think it's better to don't care and prefer to not have any video online if you had to deal with the trolls, I think you've done the right thing already.
pubby

Post by pubby »

You can create multiple channels. Have one channel for your gamedev, and another one for your personal life stuff/rants.
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

psycopathicteen wrote:What kind of camera do people on You Tube use and where can I find this type of cameras.
Most streamers (and YouTubers) use the Logitech C920 or the C922 Pro Stream webcams for just video (most use either headsets or better-quality mics for audio). I have a C920 -- great camera, and Windows 7 includes slim/clean drivers (from Windows Update -> Optional updates).

As for the "just learn to give no fucks" sentiment on YT videos etc. -- it's valid advice, but I strongly recommend (on YT) disabling comments except for very select/choice videos, which is what I do. Most comments are either idiotic, worthless (no substance/point), or insulting (this includes trolling). It's just not worth it.
psycopathicteen

I'll do all of this stuff. I'll stay away from posting videos for a while (except for homebrew game updates). Get a better camera. Practice acting. Ask friends to help. Keep comments disabled until I'm ready to handle comments.