I deleted my youtube acount

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

DoNotWant

Re: I deleted my youtube acount

Post by DoNotWant »

pubby wrote:You can create multiple channels. Have one channel for your gamedev, and another one for your personal life stuff/rants.
Yeah, this was your biggest problem, way too many rants about feminists, not enough game stuff.
psycopathicteen

Post by psycopathicteen »

If they didn't want rants about feminists, they should've left me alone instead of going around the internet spreading rumors about me constantly, forcing me to constantly defend myself over and over again. I can't even talk about the biggest issue I have with feminists and that is the "nice guys finish last" shit like this: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 76651.html
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Please keep your personal politics off this forum.
psycopathicteen

I wasn't the one who brought it up.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

When informed you would have been better served keeping your politics off your gaming youtube channel, you instead felt the need to justify your opinions. Well, please take the same advice for here: keep politics out of our forum.
psycopathicteen

What if people find out it's the same person?
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

In general, socially or politically-oriented discussions on nesdev are shunned for two reasons: 1) they're extremely off-topic for what this forum is as a whole (read: we come here for the tech stuff!), and 2) especially these days, many of us see/hear enough politics online as is (particularly true if you're American, even more so if you're on Twitter or Facebook). I too would ask, politely of course, that you keep this type of thing off of the nesdev forum. That goes for anyone, not just you! :-)

You have a right to whatever opinions you have (and I support you having that right), but if dealing with the fallout public display of those opinions is something you can't deal with (ex. tedious, stressful, unwanted drama, harassers, etc.) then it's best to simply not discuss those opinions in those public arenas (e.g. nesdev forum, YouTube, etc.).

There will always be people on the Internet who dedicate time to digging up dirt on others; connecting YT accounts/channels, social media, etc. just to give a person grief. There's always some jackass who for some reason can't just say "wow, I really disagree with these opinions" and leave it at that. You should not "live in fear" of such jackasses, but if you're concerned about it happening, then solving it (for your own safety, sanity, etc.) is fairly easy: don't talk about political/social subjects publicly. Save those discussions for private chats with people with whom you know personally. Depending on your personality type (I'm an introvert), 1:1 conversations may hold more weight.

pubby's recommendation to split your personal and tech stuff up into two separate YT channels is good advice (but see above paragraph). My advice would be to simply stop involving those opinions in publicly-displayed subject material. You can talk about programming, console dev, etc. without involving politics in the process. If someone tries to coerce you into discussing it (through seemingly innocent questions), just tell them it's off-topic/irrelevant/inappropriate and move forward.

TL;DR -- keep political stuff off nesdev, and follow the general advice of "don't incite debate/arguments through public display of opinions if you can't accept the potential fallout, no matter how minor or major". There are a lot of troublemakers online these days.
TmEE

Post by TmEE »

Here we have a saying that translates roughly to "don't poke the poop, it'll start stinking". So what Koitsu says, don't bring up those topics and problem is solved.
tepples

Post by tepples »

There are some political topics that I'm inclined to allow, such as a bill that affects how much control console makers have over works on their platform.
TOUKO

Post by TOUKO »

Like koitsu said, you must split your personal/dev YT videos in 2 YT channels .
Your snes channel was really good with some great demos .
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Man, sounds like I missed out on all of the fun.
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

Altough I think these subjects deserved to be discussed, I don't think NesDev is the right place.
This forum has been nice, full of polited people thar freely discuss ideas about retro games and consoles.
I saw some forums that opened to political discussion became a big mess with lots of flame wars and walls of text, then just vanish.

As a tip if you really are going to discuss it elsewhere, is to you try to understand the ideas you'll "combat".
As in a difficult game, if you know what challenges will come it'll be easy to avoid and surpass them.
So, try to understand your adversary, it's faults and weakness.
And be preparred to lots of "Argumentum ad hominem".

Best regards and good luck!
psycopathicteen

I just realized this, but I think my vocal chords need to be looked at by a doctor.
Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Post by Drew Sebastino »

That's a bit random. :lol: That is, unless, you found that out by listening yourself in your old videos.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Still a bit random to bring up to the guys you talk about retro programming with... Not jargon random, but still random.