Action 53 volume 4

Moderator: Moderators

tepples

Re: Action 53 volume 4

Post by tepples »

Excerpt from a PM conversation:
nocash wrote:
tepples wrote:Would you be interested in allowing Magic Floor for NES to be included in the next Action 53 community multicart? It's for mapper 218, but the mapper for Action 53 can simulate the mostly compatible mapper 7.
Yes. But I would still need to fix OAM for NTSC consoles...
This fix is released.
pubby

Post by pubby »

I liked the poster last year. Is that coming back?
M_Tee

Post by M_Tee »

I'd happily design a new poster as long as we can find a satisfactory printer (finding printers willing to perform that specific fold was difficult). I was very happy with the printer we used for that one, but I think INL might not be local to them anymore.
JRoatch
Formerly 43110

Post by JRoatch »

Bitbox sounds like the way to go. I'm in agreement.

About the Subtitle. I was going to suggest something but I feel like I have too much say over the Subtitle considering that what I suggested for the past 2 volumes was used right away.

A little less then 256KiB of ROM space is available, so more stuff can very well be included.
tepples wrote:... Magic Floor ...
Added

I'm anxiously waiting for a update to Wolfling. I think our content deadline should allow for that at least.
M_Tee wrote:Ah, and I have a cleaner screenshot composed for Gruniożerca 2 that I'm pretty sure meets restrictions, but haven't had time to look into the screenshot conversion tool.
Post or send a png file, and I can run it through the tool.
I've done 86 of these screenshots so I think I can fix whatever may be a issue if it throws an error.
M_Tee wrote:Speaking of Gruniożerca 2, when you revise writeups, please remove the bottom line in the game description
Done
M_Tee wrote:I assume the award icons couldn't be worked into the ROM?
Unfortunately no. Parts of the code were to rigid to for me to change piecemeal.
M_Tee

Post by M_Tee »

Pending response of other dev members, but already have recieved one positive for the inclusion of Leak or Die (assuming compatability isn't a problem). https://fleity.itch.io/leak-or-die
It's a pretty rad co-op title.

I'll update as I hear back.
fleity

Post by fleity »

Incredibly rad :P
Nice to get to know everyone, it's awesome to have a leak or die on a cartridge :mrgreen:
NESHomebrew
Formerly WhatULive4

Post by NESHomebrew »

While I personally like the bit-boxes, I have a feeling we will get a lot of flack from our primary audience. The people love to have matching sets. *runs away*
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

We have decided that if you need extra games for the cart you can use Super Uwol:

http://www.mojontwins.com/juegos_mojono ... -uwol-nes/

The game features single player and cooperative or vs. two-player modes. We'd be very glad if this game is included in vol.4
JRoatch
Formerly 43110

Post by JRoatch »

Wolfling got an update!
So I think we should begin wrapping this volume up.
Attached is latest build.

I think I'll just leave the current title screen jingle in, if that's OK with tepples.
Attachments
a53vol4-page4.nes
(1 MiB) Downloaded 524 times
M_Tee

Post by M_Tee »

Exciting.
By the way, I'm not on PC atm, and phone emulator won't run the ROM. Are Leak or Die and Uwol successfully included?
pubby

Post by pubby »

Yeah, both of those games are in the ROM.
M_Tee

Post by M_Tee »

Awesome, thanks. I'll brainstorm some subtitle ideas and pitch them after work. Would love to hear others' suggestions on that as well.
Lazycow

Post by Lazycow »

Just in case you didn't notice: I have uploaded a fixed version (V1.4) of Wolfling. :oops:
tepples

Post by tepples »

Other tasks:

1. Fix the copyright date
2. Make half builds for PowerPak testing
M_Tee

Post by M_Tee »

Loose plan for cover art is a Breakfast Club-ish group shot of games' protagonists on a set of outdoor bleachers, something that screams American high school. A school-themed subtitle might be good.
  • Action 53 Vol. 4: Class of 2018
    …but that's confusing as it is releasing in 2019 and contest was 2017*.
  • Action 53 Vol. 4: Senior Class
    American high school is four years, in reference to the fourth volume)
    Also...
  • Action 53 Vol. 4: Quadrupedal Quandary
    A reference to the number of four-legged protagonists in volume four, Grunio, Nim, Nom, and Lim's Wolf form.
...I'll keep posting as I come up with ideas. So far, Senior Class is the one I'm leaning most heavily toward.

*We still might want to consider skipping 2018 and naming current contest 2019 as in recent episodes of The Assembly Line, contest years were commonly misspoken, '18 instead of '17, '17 instead of '16.