Could you broadcast to real Satellaview hardware?

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
sogilbert

Could you broadcast to real Satellaview hardware?

Post by sogilbert »

I can guess it might not be possible, but if you could do something with a raspberry pi somehow connected to the satellaview, then that would be neat :D
LuigiBlood

Re: Could you broadcast to real Satellaview hardware?

Post by LuigiBlood »

It's possible in theory if you understand the bitstream data that goes in it, but for other than for documentation purposes, I personally want no one to do that because Satellaview preservation is in such a bad shape, I don't want people to rewrite their Memory Pack that may have gold in it but didn't appear in BS-X because BS-X likes to have cool things invisible.
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

If the Data Pak was substituted with a flashcart, that wouldn't be a problem though.
LuigiBlood

Post by LuigiBlood »

Well I would be all for the use of sd2snes' USB port as an equivalent, which is entirely doable I think.
calima

Post by calima »

But that's one-to-one, not one-to-many transmission :P I hear small sats are relatively cheap to launch nowadays.
LuigiBlood

Post by LuigiBlood »

calima wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:50 am But that's one-to-one, not one-to-many transmission :P I hear small sats are relatively cheap to launch nowadays.
Well I don't see how you could not do something like Internet Server -> PC / Raspberry Pi Client -> sd2snes.
Also satellites are not that relevant anymore and I don't really want to add more to the mess of our planet's orbit lol
The only thing that matters is the data transmission and that's where anything is possible.
sogilbert

Post by sogilbert »

Thanks LuigiBlood, but I was thinking more like a Raspberry Pi with some kind of attachment to connect it to a real BS tuner so as to get the decoding done for you.