To ban Jargon, or not to ban Jargon. That is the question.

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Should Jargon be banned permanently?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:07 am

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 26

WedNESday

To ban Jargon, or not to ban Jargon. That is the question.

Post by WedNESday »

Hopefully the answer will be yes. Would you like to see Jargon banned or not? Let your voice be heard here.

IMO, please ban him, he floods the forums with useless threads and fills useful threads with useless posts.

We have 7 days to decide.
atari2600a

Post by atari2600a »

why create a thread that already exists?

Code: Select all

*=$0000
loop      JMP loop
          .eof
WedNESday

Post by WedNESday »

atari2600a wrote:why create a thread that already exists?
This one has it's own poll! Dazzling or what!

Didn't think we had one, never mind.
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper »

The quick answer is YES, but I have no clue about people being very soft with him... :| and ya, there's a topic about this.
atari2600a

Post by atari2600a »

You should bookmark any phpbb forum's */search.php?search_id=newposts

Very easy way to see what's happening on the board.

Code: Select all

*=$0000
loop      JMP loop
          .eof
WedNESday

Post by WedNESday »

BTW Jargon you're not allowed to vote! I wonder if admin will act on this poll if the answer is yes when it ends. Is this forum a Democracy or what?
tepples

Post by tepples »

I usually don't ban until I see rule violations. In fact, I created a new topic describing THE RULES just so that I can be justified in setting bans. If you can define some bright lines that you think jargon is crossing, I'll get on it.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

If you created a law, you should have created it in a way that Jargon would violate it, else there isn't any point in creating it.

Anyway he have been impolite and insolent many times in addition to make irelevant posts with no point, if that is allowed then you should change the law to ban him, even to possibly change it back after he's banned.

Anyway it's very sad to see we have to make a rules board on nesdev, I've been here for more than 5 years and this was one of the only board where explicit rules were never needed.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
jargon
B&: This is not your blog

Post by jargon »

Bregalad wrote:If you created a law, you should have created it in a way that Jargon would violate it, else there isn't any point in creating it.

Anyway he have been impolite and insolent many times in addition to make irelevant posts with no point, if that is allowed then you should change the law to ban him, even to possibly change it back after he's banned.

Anyway it's very sad to see we have to make a rules board on nesdev, I've been here for more than 5 years and this was one of the only board where explicit rules were never needed.
Yes, let us make retroactive rules that specifically ban specific people just to ban those specific people alone for life, then undo the rules. Even though they have not broken any rules already in place either intently, or in the first place.
Cheers,
Timothy Robert Keal alias jargon

Miser's House Anthology Project
Celius

Post by Celius »

Bregalad wrote: Anyway it's very sad to see we have to make a rules board on nesdev, I've been here for more than 5 years and this was one of the only board where explicit rules were never needed.
Yeah, I've actually noticed that these boards are usually very clean and professional compared to others, and it's sad to see vulgar language and content in recent posts here.

Actually, Tepples, I think you should put up some rules regarding vulgarity. It would be nice to keep these boards clean and not have them become all trashy.
tepples

Post by tepples »

jargon wrote:Yes, let us make retroactive rules
I don't plan to make any bills of attainder or ex post facto rules. If you continue behavior after rules come into effect, you get banned.
Celius wrote:Actually, Tepples, I think you should put up some rules regarding vulgarity.
Good idea. I don't plan to go as far as ACC and AXA do, with their "keep it E-rated" rule. Would a UserFriendly.org style "keep it T-rated" rule work?
loopy

Post by loopy »

Bregalad wrote:Anyway it's very sad to see we have to make a rules board on nesdev, I've been here for more than 5 years and this was one of the only board where explicit rules were never needed.
+1 on that. I care less about the jargon issue than this. F^ck making up rules.

jargon is clearly disrupting this board, you can't deny that. Just give him the boot and move on.
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper »

loopy wrote:
Bregalad wrote:Anyway it's very sad to see we have to make a rules board on nesdev, I've been here for more than 5 years and this was one of the only board where explicit rules were never needed.
+1 on that. I care less about the jargon issue than this. F^ck making up rules.

jargon is clearly disrupting this board, you can't deny that. Just give him the boot and move on.
I agree, but now I dunno about a ban... :| Go figure. He scored a point! >_<
peppers

Post by peppers »

I know this man or boy has lead a hard life or will lead a hard life without much potential to form the interpersonal relationships we all need to find happiness in our lives. For this reason I don't think its right to make his life that much harder by banning him. As long as he dose not get too out of control this time around just let him be.

Edit: it would seem the only people who voted no is me and jargon.

edit2: Now a message to Jargon. I know this dose not come naturally to you like it dose normal people but if you want a better life you must try harder to understand and respect the feeling of those around you. Force yourself to learn what you need to interact with people on a normal level and you will lead a better life. I am unsure if you have reached the age where most people realize they need people, if you have not act as you have anyway because for someone like yourself when you come to this realization it may be too late.
jargon
B&: This is not your blog

Post by jargon »

peppers wrote:I know this man or boy has lead a hard life or will lead a hard life without much potential to form the interpersonal relationships we all need to find happiness in our lives. For this reason I don't think its right to make his life that much harder by banning him. As long as he dose not get too out of control this time around just let him be.

Edit: it would seem the only people who voted no is me and jargon.

edit2: Now a message to Jargon. I know this dose not come naturally to you like it dose normal people but if you want a better life you must try harder to understand and respect the feeling of those around you. Force yourself to learn what you need to interact with people on a normal level and you will lead a better life. I am unsure if you have reached the age where most people realize they need people, if you have not act as you have anyway because for someone like yourself when you come to this realization it may be too late.

of course interpersonal stuff is hard, nobody relates to me because most have aspergers/autism or something and i am schizoid, two completely diametrically opposed personality types. people with trust issues on the aspie/autie level don't understand that most schizoids have completely seemingly alien, but are there, different trust levels.

people usually assuming people with schizotypal personality disorders of some kind or another either trust anything or nothing. quite different actually, we trust based on what we believe to be trustworthy. just like how aspergers/autistics trust only who they trust to be trustworthy, usually based off cues that are just as backwards as the cues of schizoids.

actually i never voted.

i attempted to go back and swap out vulgarities with more acceptable words or just cartoon-like scrambles, but can't seem to find all the old posts easily, for my sleep cycles are messed up now, and i keep going back to bed after just two hours.

making a bright-line word for vulgarities isn't quite fair when the persons that often use vulgarities are often not aware of the level of crass in their language, and could just as easily be reminded to once in a while go back and edit it out on their own. this is phpbb, the posts are "freakin" dynamic SQL data.

i am 27, or something close to that, i realize i need people, doesn't mean i get along very well. often i find myself screaming inside at normal people just as often if not more often than most people on this board feel like screaming at me, difference is i do not let myself indulge in a "mass-scream" at someone like most boards including this one especially, seem to think is cool in this new millennium. i am starting to think this has become the millennium of spoiled tarts, not acceptance and group growth; it is as if personal tolerance has flown out the window.
Cheers,
Timothy Robert Keal alias jargon

Miser's House Anthology Project