More NSF Requests

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

tepples

Post by tepples »

Norrin_Radd wrote:I've been considering buying the Dance Aerobics game. It just seems like the sillyest game of all time. And I do have the Powerpad. Who needs DDR when you got Dance Aerobics, right?
DDR lets you add your own songs, at least in the PC version. Imagine balloon fever.
Kind of off topic but, have any of you ever played Ikinari Musician for Famicom ? It's a game that lets you play lead solo's over back up music tracks. check it out, it's really fun.
You mean like Beatmania or Frequency?
dXtr

Post by dXtr »

tepples wrote:
Norrin_Radd wrote:I've been considering buying the Dance Aerobics game. It just seems like the sillyest game of all time. And I do have the Powerpad. Who needs DDR when you got Dance Aerobics, right?
DDR lets you add your own songs, at least in the PC version. Imagine balloon fever.
wasn't there someone that was developing a DDR game for the powerpad? I think it was on the old boards..

edit: found it
http://nesdev.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/sh ... =#Post1350
Sorry for misspellings, I'm from Sweden ^^
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

*Updated the list*

AMAZING WORK KINGSHRIEK! I am so stoked for the Majaventure NSF. And you got the composer name too! Kazuo Sawa is one of my favorites! His Technos work is incredible. This is actually quite a discovery. I Try to keep track of what composers have done which games, so this is BIG news for me :D

I am curious, How did you (or anyone who rips NSFs) find the composers name in the game? Is there a way to view the credits or the text in the game with the editors you use? Sure would beat having to finish the game using save states. :(
kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »

Here's how I find game composer information:

1. First I check the internet. If it's a Japanese game, I go straight to GMCL ver. 2, which requires some basic Japanese skills to navigate. If I can't find the information there or if the game is of non-Japanese origin, then I try various Google searches.

2. If nothing comes up, then I use Chris Covell's ROMSearcher utility to do a relative search for text in the game (I do searches on 'SOUND' and 'MUSIC'). If nothing comes up here, then...

3. If the game is non-Japanese, I give up and put <?> in the composer field. If the game is Japanese, there is still the possibility of credits using kana/kanji for the composer name. I gauge the feasibility of getting to the end of the game, noting what type of game it is, how long/short it is, and how easy it is to hack/cheat to get to the end as fast as possible. If I see the game as too long or too Japanese intensive, then the composer field gets a <?>.
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

This is great information king. I've checked out the game music composer list 2.0 a lot in my quest to make connections with who did what. an amazing list no doubt. Especially since it has known composers multiple names, That is very handy.

Also, this ROMSearcher tool sounds very useful. I've never used it before so here goes.
kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »

Here's Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout:

Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout NSF
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

Ahhh yes. That one's been a long time coming. NSF fans rejoice!
plinkoplus

Thanks and more requests

Post by plinkoplus »

ArnoldRimmer83 wrote:Kingshriek has the Family Trainer games ripped on his page, which includes the Japanese versions of Dance Aerobics and World Class Track Meet. Look for "Family Trainer - Aerobics Studio" and "Family Trainer - Running Stadium".

Kevin Horton's nsf collection has a Karate Kid nsf. Under the LJN folder. Dunno why it isn't available on Zophar's. Koitsu has a link to it in the "Zophar's NSF section is down" thread below.
Thanks Arnold for the info, I greatly appreciate it.

However Kevin Horton's NSF page is not working anymore. Would anyone know what happened? If it is down could somebody please pinpoint me in the direction on where I can find "Karate Kid" or create it for me.

Anyways, I have a some more requests.

Kung Fu
Urban Champion
Volleyball
Pro Wrestling
Hoops
Nintendo World Cup
Super Spike V'Ball
Anticipation
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Barker Bill's Trick Shooting

Please let me know where I can find some of these or if you could create them for me.

I really do appreciate it.

Thanks so much in advance,
Chris
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

You know, Zophar isn't the only source for NSFs. You can find many of the ones you are looking for at this site: www.planetemu.net. Also Zophar has a couple on your list as well.

The site is in french, but simple to navigate. On the right it says NES, click it, on the next page look for the word NSF, click it. Boom, you're done.

Also, the Kevin Horton Collection has been VERY KINDLY linked by Koitsu in another thread, in this section of the forum. Which is what arnold was pointing out to you. Here http://nesdev.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=471&start=15
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

Thanks Gil! :D :D

Now the entire world can enjoy the excellence that is the World Class Track Meet! Max Warrior kicks a lot of ass too.
kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »

Both Takeda Shingens are now ripped:

Takeda Shingen NSF
Takeda Shingen 2 NSF

I also have ripped Metal Slader Glory which uses expansion sound of the MMC5 (on a few tracks). The music data was spread all over PRG-ROM (512K of it), so the filesize is enormous (168K), unfortunately. It's still smaller than that Maniac Mansion rip at least :) . I didn't include any of the ambience tracks as they don't sound that great and are really repetitive. The game's music init process is rather involved, requiring me to play through the game to get init data. For the rip, I played through the game to get the first half of the tracks, while for the rest, I poked around in the debug mode (as I got stuck in the normal game). Because of this and the fact that I didn't fully explore the game's multiple paths, there may be some missing tracks in the NSF.

Metal Slader Glory NSF (incomplete?)
kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »