I had a strange dream, need support.

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

marvelus10

I had a strange dream, need support.

Post by marvelus10 »

I had a dream that I asked everyone to post on their Facebook, Twitter, MSN, BBM Yahoo etc.. status that I would win the lottery tomorrow and to get their friends to pass it on so thousands of people would change their status and it worked. I won.

So today I'm asking everyone on here and everywhere else I browse to change their status to

"Gary Marven will win the lotto on March 5 2011, pass it on."

Who knows crazier things have happened.

I thank all in advance that do this.
Last edited by marvelus10 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

unsubscribe
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
marvelus10

Post by marvelus10 »

Dwedit wrote:unsubscribe
Huh, to what? This forum?
3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames »

It's just that people (like me) who see stupid stuff like that on their social sites usually drop them, haha.
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper »

marvelus10 wrote:
Dwedit wrote:unsubscribe
Huh, to what? This forum?
- You didn't get it, I suppose.

unsubscribe
tepples

Post by tepples »

I wish phpBB had a feature to let users choose topics to ignore when checking View posts since last visit. For me, that'd be almost the same as an unsubscribe, and I'd bet a lot of people would have unsubscribed from the ZapFC topic already. Or is this in phpBB 3?
marvelus10

Post by marvelus10 »

Well people (like me) appreciate the individual thoughts of everyone and see the positive side to things.
I had a weird dream, I woke up and actually remembered it so why not eh. It's just one of the many benefits to social media.
You have your opinions and convictions, it paves your way in life and shapes who you are. If you object to it fair enough.
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

Let's assume this "works". And you win the lottery.

The people who are supposed to give out the money will find all these predictions and find it very suspicious, perhaps assuming you somehow rigged it.
thefox

Post by thefox »

marvelus10 wrote:"Gary Marven will win the lotto on March 5 2011, pass
it on."
No you will not but...
tepples wrote:I wish phpBB had a feature to let users choose topics to ignore when checking
meanwhile @ #nesdev
<@thefox> i wish there was an option on the forums to put threads on ignore

...hivemind
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Ok lately i've been seeing alot of offtopic stuff in "general stuff". Can we make a rule that it at least has to be SOMEWHAT related to technical things? (There's plenty of "social" forums around for this kidna stuff)
tepples

Post by tepples »

Jeroen wrote:Ok lately i've been seeing alot of offtopic stuff in "general stuff". Can we make a rule that it at least has to be SOMEWHAT related to technical things? (There's plenty of "social" forums around for this kidna stuff)
I had to do a double take to make sure that said "Jeroen" and not "Jargon". I seem to remember having encountered another user who continued to post completely unrelated things in General Stuff while ignoring warnings that "NESdev is not your blog." There's already a sticky warning at the top along the lines "NESdev is not Gen[M]ay". On the other hand, in a lot of cases, explanation as to how a particular topic relates to NES development might take more room than the topic itself. (See perhaps the worst case example of how "Balloon Fever", my remix of a song from Balloon Fight, came to be.)
UncleSporky

Re: I had a strange dream, need support.

Post by UncleSporky »

marvelus10 wrote:I had a dream that I asked everyone to post on their Facebook, Twitter, MSN, BBM Yahoo etc.. status that I would win the lottery tomorrow and to get their friends to pass it on so thousands of people would change their status and it worked. I won.
If your dream was really a prediction of the future, then it shouldn't matter if we do this or not; you ask everyone to change their status, which causes enough people to change their status, which means you win.
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper »

- Any "special" reason to keep this topic open?
tepples

Post by tepples »

This is the part where I try to swing it back to off-topic, not off-off-topic.

Other than that video game ideas often come from dreams, no. But this could easily be a plot point in an RPG that takes place in a setting whose magic runs on the principle of clap your hands if you believe. Discworld is one of those settings.
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

This is the general forum.. it's always open for debate how "general" it is, but IMHO it's intended for anything and everything. It seems to be peer pressure that keeps it to gaming/tech-related stuff.