Battle Kid 2 - Releasing on 12/14

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

slobu

Post by slobu »

@Sivak:
I think it may be remarkable that your first game is now being seen at second hand game shops. Not as a new cart mind you.

Also, I appreciated your youtube videos that were kinda half documenting half tutorial on NES development. I hope you have time for more someday.

Never got a message back about dealing with websites that pirate your full version. I'd imagine it's less apathy and more my email got lost amongst the U-Force Enlargement Pill advertisements :p
Sivak

Post by Sivak »

I updated the first post with some tentative release info.
-Sivak
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

So, if I buy it this time, what is the probability of receiving a prototype version?
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
juef

Post by juef »

Count me in for option #2! :D
zzo38

Post by zzo38 »

Can a computer file be purchased?
Sivak

Trailer

Post by Sivak »

I posted the trailer tonight. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaK-RjiZedA
-Sivak
Denine

Post by Denine »

Looks most excellent. Well done! I can't wait :D
Can a computer file be purchased?

Sorry, Admin. I could not resist.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Denine wrote:Sorry, Admin. I could not resist.
Call me dumb too, but I didn't really get the joke. As I see it, the guy asked an valid question. Are you saying that if a person doesn't own an NES he's not allowed to want to play the game?

I'm not saying that there should be a downloadable version (as this would most likely make pirating the game insanely easy), but the guy has all the right to ask without being called dumb.
Denine

Post by Denine »

Ehh, sorry then.
He's question was so long not answered so I thought everyone feels about it like me.
Sorry about it, zzo38.

Also, I don't own NES. And It's impossible to play battle kid with Pegasus. And getting NES is a pain in my country.
I'm not saying that there should be a downloadable version (as this would most likely make pirating the game insanely easy)
That's the point. It's so obvious, so asking about downloadable file that makes no sense to me.
All in all, sorry about it, I'll try harder to understand peoples intentions next time.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Denine wrote:Also, I don't own NES. And It's impossible to play battle kid with Pegasus.
A Pegasus looks like a clone of the Famicom. I was under the impression that adapters existed to play NES Game Paks on a Famicom.
Denine

Post by Denine »

It would be possible if only adapters were's as rare(rarer?) as NES itself.
And there's one important economical point here: NES costs about 2x more than Pegasus. Buying it for one game(did I mention how rare NES games are on Polish market?) makes little sense.
So, I'm waiting until Sivak releases Battle Kid(first one) as free download, as said here.
Yep, sorry Sivak, not going to buy this game. But I won't pirate it either.
I can wait patiently. Oh, and sorry about all this offtop. Back to the Battle Kid 2.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Would it be just as fine if these games were made available in Famicom format to fit your famiclone? Because if so, I'll get on IRC and tell bunnyboy he could make a few more sales to customers in developing countries that way.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Sivak mentioned that SRAM was expensive. I wonder how much a tiny EEPROM would have been to use?
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames »

SRAM is dirt cheap, like $1. Since you're already using 8KB on the CHR-RAM side, cheap it up using a 32KB chip and back that up and swap it, a la racermate.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

You can use the same SRAM chip as CHR-RAM and WRAM at the same time? Aren't they on different buses?