It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Please all for help
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:56 pm 

No please

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:55 pm 

Deviljin88 wrote:
DRW

I have ps3 Nes emulator
I love retro games

I give up.

Gameplay: https://youtu.be/Eee0yurkIW4
German Retro Gamer article: http://i67.tinypic.com/345o108.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:00 pm 

What stops you from hunting down your childhood mutlicart and a Famiclone and play the real thing instead of going out of your way to make some crappy emulator work? That's how we normally do it.

FrankenGraphics wrote:
Also, i think this topic violates the forum rules against blatant piracy. What other purpose could adding these mappers have?
I don't get how improving mapper support for an emulator has anything to do with piracy though? Emulators and mappers are naturally discussed on this forum and does not break any rules.

Deviljin88 wrote:
I would send you games in a package that can not be opened.
That's just cruel.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:30 pm 
Formerly WheelInventor

pokun wrote:
I don't get how improving mapper support for an emulator has anything to do with piracy though? Emulators and mappers are naturally discussed on this forum and does not break any rules.

Yeah, maybe... And previously, i was helping out in a topic on how to use a cart programming interface. Which after a while, i think it became clear that the intention was to either produce bootleg(s), or make a personal port from famicom to nes. I'm not sure which and i don't mind that much.

What i guess i'm saying is that we might think it's morally clear to separate discussing the betterment of emulator support from some users' intent of piracy, a big company known for having a negative blanket stance on emulation wouldn't care about this nuance, and that might make it a juridically perilous topic. IMO it's hard to tell exactly when the line is crossed. But anyway, i don't interpret the rule against discussion of blatant piracy is not as much a moral rule (even if there is a moral dimension to it), but as a self-preserving one.

A multicart pirate will want you to buy their cartridge, not download and emulate it, ironically - but from the big N:s point of view, it's potato potato.
While you can dump your own bought game copies and emulate them, a multicart mapper definition like that can only have the purpose of piracy until someone decides to use that particular mapper for their own IP - which would be unlikely.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:53 pm 

In the 1930s, Dale Carnegie wrote a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

It has some good advice, like...

-don't nag (one thread was enough)
-Become genuinely interested in other people (try discussing the other topics of this forum before making requests of us. Just showing up one day and making requests is considered bad form.)
-Be a good listener (when people suggest other alternatives, don't dismiss them.)
-see things from the other person's point of view (maybe it would be very difficult to do what you want.)

Unrelated, I also recommend the other famous book by Dale Carnegie, "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:59 pm 

Yeah, again, short version, since you appear to be severely crippled in the English language.

- Don't bother playing this multicart on PS3.
- PC is also a great platform for video games.
- Better NES emulators is one reason why PC is better.
- Stop being a bonafide console peasant, pardon my language, and just play it on PC.
- Also, maybe don't bother anyone on that subject.

I'm done. You are well and fully aware of the damage you've done to your persona, and I've got literally nothing to add. I'm done.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:21 pm 

Deviljin88 wrote:
it goes without saying that I will pay, yet no one can do it.

It doesn't go without saying. You hadn't offered anything until this point.

How much do you think implementing a single mapper and providing you with a build is worth? How much do you think implementing all of these is worth?

Also, can we lock 2 of these threads at least, and keep this contained?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:44 pm 

Lock the thread.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3